Saturday, October 1, 2011

Kathy Wuertz from Wuertz Farm

Kathy Wuertz...Wuertz Farm in Casa Grande, Arizona
Writer

Kathy Wuertz

Kathy is a talented writer...she writes children's books and she has written a poem about gourds that really touched my heart.
Kathy has given me permission to share it here with you.

The Gourd's Prayer
O wooden fruit of tangled vine,
you teach this doubting heart of mine
the awesome greatness of the Lord,
with something simple as a gourd!

I used to find it hard to tell
why people chose your crusty shell
on which to chisel, paint and draw,
while not considering as flaw-
a crooked neck, odd shape or wart,
or blemishes of any sort...

...Until I came to understand
that once touched by an artist's  hand,
even your least perfect part
enhanced the finished work of art.

Brother gourd, if this is true,
we've much in common, me and you.
For if such beauty's to behold
beneath your peeling skin and mold,
what must the Master Craftsman see
inside this shell I know as...me!
by Kathy Wuertz
copywright 2002

How beautiful, Kathy!  And how true!  God does have so many ways in which to teach us...even a simple gourd can teach us.

Kathy's books are also wonderful....all available by contacting Kathy at www.wuertzfarm.com 
She has written:
"The Cloud Painter"...a fictional adaptation of the life and times of Noel Mikles, whose artistic talents help to transform a small farming community.  
I have read this book and it is wonderful, engaging and inspirational!

also....
Chuckie the Chicken
Lenny Long Legs
Egads, Egore!
Flatulent Fred
Tales from the Farm

All are well worth checking into

1 comment:

  1. My brother in law Vito just gave my 9 year old daughter "The Cloud Painter" as a gift from his recent visit to Az. She read it twice and I read it also. It's very inspiring and loved how the message relates to how powerful our mind can be with our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete