Friday, August 12, 2011

Wow!

OK....I just settled down, into bed, with my book by Marianne Williamson "A Return to Love."  The first paragraph I read made my say "wow!" and get up and run to my computer.  I just really want to quote what she has said...it is exactly what I feel and want to keep feeling....Here it is:

"The highest prize we can receive for creative work is the joy of being creative.  Creative effort spent for any other reason than the joy of being in that light-filled place, love, God, whatever we want to call it, is lacking in integrity.  It diminishes us.  It reduces inspiration to mere sales."....pg. 174

Yes, I know I must learn to market and yes, that is not where I am the happiest or the most able.  But when I lose the balance between marketing and creating I find that to be a big mistake for me AND for my creativity.

Thank you, Marianne.

Have a good night everyone....now I shall go back to bed and read.  :-)
Carolyn



No comments:

Post a Comment